Sunday, August 14, 2011

Loving the little things in life......

I have a lot to talk about today:

I have had a unique week, especially in my quiet time. I have learned a lot about myself and what I can do. To think before I speak, and be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. It something I have been trying to live by for a while. I have noticed lately I am not doing as well in the area as I should. God gave me this verse a lot this week. James 1:19-20 states: Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.There were some things that happened this week with someone whom I consider an amazing person and a good friend. Immediately after I said something to them this verse popped into my head. Its amazing how God can use the tiniest verse you may have only read one time in your life and give it back to you 15 different times in a week. This verse made me realize I need to be more patient with my daughter, friends, husband, family, anyone whom I may come into contact with. This week has been a huge work on ME week. Something I tremendously needed, it is something that is ESPECIALLY hard for me to do, for many reasons But I am learning.

Yesterday while in the car with my daughter, she was talking to her little toy dog. I was just listening to music on the stereo and singing along to the praise band. She stopped in her tracks and said "Mommy, when are you going to have a baby?, because Makayla's Mommy is going to have one." Explaining to my 4 year old a lot lately that just because her aunt is going to have a baby doesn't mean mommy and daddy are. She continuously tells me things she thinks we (me and my husband) did when she was a baby, we ask her where she comes up with some of these things and have to correct her about a lot of things. She keeps telling me she wants a baby brother, I tell her you don't get to pick. She is asking when she will get a baby. Our only answer we know to tell her is When God wants us to have one we will. She seems satisfied with that at the moment.

So I have been knitting a lot,I MEAN A LOT! of baby hats and toddler hats lately. I am in the knitting buzz. I have a lot of friends having babies so what a great way to celebrate than hand made baby hats right? Perfect I know. I have been using this thing called a Knifty Knitter and I am knocking them out left and right. I am having fun and I can still carry on a conversation with my husband, watch TV, or listen to music at the same time I do this. It is consuming a major part of my free time. It is simple and I love it, so what can I tell you. I am signing off for the night.



Love and Happiness,



No comments:

Post a Comment