Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Latest Graceisms, Homeschooling, and Life

So I know I usually blog about my daughter and my family and the crazy things that happen. Well I am going to do that today, but I am also going to tell you what I got out of my quiet time. Today has been upside down and backwards already. I usually don't do my quiet time until Nap time and I usually don't blog until much later in the day. Homeschooling is partially done for the day, we are taking a "Lets play" break and well it was needed. She accomplished a lot this morning. Read on, its many topics today.


Latest Graceims: So the latest Graceism is "But thats okay mommy" She tells me something and then says "But that's okay mommy." Or I tell her to do something "Grace go clean up your toys" Response "But that's okay mommy, I can do it later" She is pretty funny. Her other new one is she will mess up purposely and say "Oops Sorry!" She has been using the word presume a lot lately and trying to say something like "Does that sound like a deal?" She is being very very hilarious lately I am loving it.

Homeschooling Day 2 Update:
1. So we sang our song about days of the week, months of the year, Jesus, and we did the pledge to the flag, Christian flag, and the bible.
2. We did a couple of mazes to work on staying in the lines and fine motor skills. Grace told me this part was her favorite
3. We looked at the pages we did yesterday, we starting writing the letter A and little a. She did really good. You have to give her cheats almost to write A. It is something we have been working on for a while and I am slowly working on using less and less prompts. Same with the a. We say you draw a circle and attach a stem, it helps her and she remembers it.
4. We identified letters in the alphabet. She is doing really good. There are a few letters she doesn't know or mixes up and it surprises me she always calls J an L and an L a J. I can understand that mistake.
5. We worked on counting and writing the number 1. That is probably the easiest number of all to write though.
6. I then had her tell me a story while I wrote it down we had like 5 characters and 1 thing happened so we need to work on story development just a bit.
7. It was play time, and well teats where we are now. We still have Science, Art, Bible, Social Studies, and Outside play to do today. Those are going to happen after we eat lunch and are done with our play break.
8. Science today we are going outside and talk about the weather, what season it is and what that means. Art I am having her draw or paint a picture of her favorite thing to do outside. Social studies we are talking about community helpers. Doctors, police, firemen, ect. Then when it cools off after lunch and rest time, we will go outside and play for a while.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790 American Founding Father & Scientist)

‎"Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, a life." ~ Charlotte Mason

‎"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself." ~ John Dewey

What I learned from God today:
I read my 1 Corintians 1:25 to the end and Chapter 2. I learned that no matter how strong I am, God is always stronger, no matter how wise God is always wiser. This good because sometimes as a human my flaws get the best of me and I think I know what is best for me and it is not. I am the one who needs to listen to God and have him direct my life.
1Corinthians 2:1:
When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony of God.
This showed me that it doesn't matter how much of the scripture I know I need to be sharing the testimony of God whereever I go whether in my actions, words, or deeds. Show his love and his mercy in his life. After reading a friends facebook status yesterday I had an overwhelming desire to help out at the local preganancy center. I am going to volunteer, Its the center for unplanned pregnancy and supports teen moms and their lives. I now have a desire to start a bible study/mentoring program with some of these girls. It is amazing to me how things like this can speak volumes into your life.
God told me very bluntly today:
Proclaim it, Share it, Live it. Talking about his word and the way I need to live my life. I am writing this down and putting it on my fridge and a bunch of other places I look daily. I Love how God told me to just Proclaim it, Share it, Live it. This is another reason I want to share the word and Love of God with others.


Peace and Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment