Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aimless Rambling......not like the others I promise.

So I got my mom's old sewing machine. Let me tell you I am ready and raring to go, but there is one slight problem. I am missing the bobbin cover. I went to TWO different sewing centers in Spartanburg today do either of them have the piece I need? NO, it is a small piece of plastic, you have be kidding me right? No they are not. To order online it is going to cost $4.00 for the piece and $5.00 for shipping. A piece of plastic that weighs probably 1/2 an ounce is going to cost how much? Really Singer, you have got to be kidding me. Even to order from one of the sewing centers its going to cost about the same amount UGH!It is amazing how one little piece of plastic can cost so much. I am really wanting to sew. I have a few things I am going to make for my sister in law who is due to have a baby this Fall. I cannot make them if I don't have that piece. The baby is going to be my guinea pig, I also want to also refashion some of my things that are either to young for me, or lets face it too small into stuff for Grace. This will never get done if I cannot find the piece. I also didn't have a manual for the sewing machine. So again I went on the singer website and looked up the owners manual for my sewing machine. Well the PDF was free but to order the actual book was $15 seriously singer what are you thinking charging someone $15 when they can save the PDF and print it off for prob. 15 cents, I am telling you this is crazy.

Well I am signing off, I just had to rant and rave a little bit.

Peace, love, and smiles.
~Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment