Thursday, May 5, 2011

Homemade Calzones

So I made some awesome and nutritious calzones last night. I am going to put the recipe up incase anyone wants to try it.
If you have a picky eater, either a kid or in my case a husband it is the best way to hide veggies.

1. I bought frozen dough and followed the thawing instructions.
2. I rolled out the dough and cut it into sections.
3. As I was waiting for the dough to thaw, I cooked sweetpotatoes in the oven for 40 mins at 400 degrees.
4. Then I pureed them in a food processor. I then mixed in chopped yellow onions, green peppers, and canned drained diced tomatoes.
5. I then added cheese to all the calzones, cheddar in the kids and swiss in ours.
6. I put the filling in the middle and sealed it shut.
7. I baked them in the oven at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.

They were delicious, even with marinara sauce. My husband even had seconds. if you have a picky eater its the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment