Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The book of 1 Peter

I began a new book of the bible today. 1 Peter, I decided to read through Peter because in a lot of books and other tracks I have 1 Peter is related to temptation/struggles/LOVE/HOPE for Christians. I read through 1 Peter 1. It is an amazing book. I have already highlighted and made notes. It spoke to me a lot today.
In my bible the title above 1 Peter 1:3-12 says Praise to God for a living hope.

Today 1 Peter really showed me that I need to put all my trust in the Lord and when I am feeling empty or alone or anxiety is really strong in my life to put it all to him and he will be my HOPE.

1 Peter 1:13 says this
"Prepare your minds for action, be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed"
This has shown me that when I am not perfect God's grace is wonderful through the Love of Jesus Christ.I have to be obedient in the Lord not to live in ignorance but to live as much as a holy as I can.

If you are struggling or a new christian 1 Peter would be a great book for you to read. It talks a lot about what it means to have salvation. Why hope in the Lord and grace is so important and why it is so important to be holy and believe in the truths.
This really helped me today with the things I have been struggling with in my walk. I am going for now. May be another blog later. For now I have things to do and just meditating on God's word to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment