Monday, May 9, 2011

Not afraid to be me in my Blog.....

I will write in here about struggles I have, and things that were significant to me in my life. I do not care if you agree with my beliefs, and I hope you are not offended. I am a Christian I believe in God and the Love and faith that comes from Christianity. I have seen my walk with the Lord change things in my life. I hope me writing about my walk with the Lord, or things pertaining to the bible/Christianity does not turn you away from my blog; if it does, I am extremely sorry. I am writing what I know and what is important in my life.

The Lord spoke greatly to me today. I have fallen out of doing a quiet time in the last week or so. I am not going to do that again. The lord spoke to me through My Utmost for his highest. This is what was said:
Once we loose sight of God, we begin to be reckless. We cast off certain restraints from activities we know are wrong. We set prayer aside as well and cease having God's vision in the little things in life. We simply begin to act on our own initiatives.
When I read that it made me realize that when I am not studying his word or having fellowship with the Lord I am not thinking of things in my life from a biblical perspective. I am thinking of them the way I want to see them or the way I want them to be; I am taking things that would other wise be a big issue and making it into a little one. I am taking desires and temptations in my life and wanting to make them real, or make them a smaller deal than they really are. I have been acting on my own initiative this week and not following God's wisdom and advice this week. I know that satan is always looking for a way to bring me backwards from my forward progression in my relationship with the Lord, and well I think he was a bit successful this week. I need to put up a higher and stronger guard this coming week.
I was reading the scripture and today this really JUMPED off the page at me today I actually highlighted it in my bible.
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. RESIST him, stand firm in the Faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kinds of sacrifice.1 Peter 5:8-9
. I know I am not alone in the struggles that it are going on in my life. I know there are others who are struggling just like me. I know sometimes when I struggle it feels like no one else cares, understands, or knows what I am going through when in actuality they do know and they understand. I need to understand and realize that I really cannot do this on my own, and guidance from my husband or a friend is what I need to get through times of struggle and temptation in my life.

1 comment:

  1. as well as guidance from the Lord. Just an addition to the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete