Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks, Family, and Food...Happy 4th of July!

So today started in Greenville for us, we woke up and were at my in-laws. At lunch we headed over to my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and nieces house. It was wonderful there was tons(I mean Tons!)of delicious food. Everyone brought something and believe me it was delicious. I started with steak and ended with chocolate cheese cake, it was a great afternoon. We all got to hang out and fellowship together. I love being able to have family time. I got some pictures outside of their house of Grace in her 4th of July outfit. After a quick nap and a quick 4 hour visit with my in-laws it was time to leave.

So the next stop was to my families house. I always love hanging out with my family it is always a good time. Again lots and lots of food. I do not know how much of this summer, cookout, holiday food I can take. :-P
So we were trying to explain to Grace what today was about. The best way we could explain it to her was that we Live in America. It is America's birthday. We explained to her not everyone had the same rules and things where they lived, not everyone was free. We explained that some kids couldn't go to school because of where they lived and she should be proud to live in a country that is tolerant of difference. She was very excited that we got to play with fireworks and sparklers. Last year right after she turned 3 we tried to do sparklers with her and it was a disaster. This year she really seemed to enjoy the sparklers. I am going to log this day in pictures. Enjoy, and have a happy 4th of July.

Opening the Fireworks she was determined to open them so we could use them.

Her and Daddy doing the 1st sparkler of the 4th.

Grace and Daddy he told her how to hold it.

She was waiting for daddy to light her sparkler

She loves to goof off in Pictures, it is hilarious the faces she makes.

She always makes me laugh with her funny faces and poses when trying to take serious photos.

Serious Sparkler playing

Writing with the sparkler? Perhaps just slow shutter speed?

Last Sparkler of this year.

I hope you enjoyed my tribute to the 4th. Hope you had a wonderful one. Happy Birthday America.


+~Samantha~+

No comments:

Post a Comment