Monday, June 13, 2011

Grilled cheese and shindigs.

So I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning before our trek to NC to see everyone on Cliff's side of the family. I love visiting family. They are my family too. I bought some amazing bread at the Farmer's Market. I bought spinach feta, rosemary garlic, and rustic sourdough. Last night I was too tired to cook so for dinner we had Gourmet Grilled cheese. Let me share this recipe with you. Trust me if your child(ren) like grilled cheese, most children do, then this may be something you want to make so they are getting more than just bread and american cheese. I used 2 kinds of bread and 2 kinds of cheese. Grace and I had Rosemary Garlic bread with Muenster cheese and Sharp Cheddar......delicious. Clifton had Rustic Sourdough with Muenster and Sharp Cheddar cheeses. It made a delicious grilled cheese. It is a spin on the regular plain Grilled cheese and it is very healthy with different breads and cheeses. Trust me the bread is delicious. I am hoping to use the bread to also make a turkey and cheese grilled sandwich. If you or your kids are tired of regular grilled cheese check this out.
So that is the awesome Grilled cheese sandwich I made. Just so you all can see it.

I am also writing today because not only did I want to share that awesome recipe with you. I wanted to share about my amazing trip to visit family on Saturday.
We went to NC to visit some amazing people. They are crazy, I thought my family was crazy but let me tell you when you have a bunch of Conner's in a room together it is crazier than a gathering of Cooper's and I thought that was IMPOSSIBLE, apparently its not. I also love hearing the crazy stories from his family and the crazy things that happen, like fingers getting hurt(But trust me they are ok). I cannot believe I have been a part of this family for 4 1/2 almost 5 years(in November). It is amazing, his family is amazing and has always welcomed me with open arms. My family treats my husband the same way and let me tell you it is amazing to not have to deal with the "horror" stories that I hear other people talk with in-laws and what not. I feel like I have been a part of his family for a long time and I hope he feels the same way. I always feel rejuvenated and full of spirit when I leave Conner family gatherings. Just writing because it has been a blessing.

Have a wonderful day
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment