Friday, May 20, 2011

Encouragement, patience, and other nice things.

Reading in 2 of my devotionals today, because it was the kind of day where I needed to do both of them. I got a lesson unique to each one, but then again very similar. It is odd and wonderful how the Lord can use 2 completely different devotionals to speak to you on your life.

Today I read about encouragement and patience. Sometimes we get in the way of our own encouragement of of encouraging others. I mean who hasn't been to the store or a restaurant and gotten the waiter or cashier who did not have the nicest personality when it was time to serve you or check out? I know I have. I have in the past been just as rude back, then I thought "What if I was in their shoes and everyone was being mean to me?" I try now to just smile and say thank you. It is amazing how a smile can change someones day. When at the drive through and someone says "Have a nice day" I always say "You too" just because that may be the thing they need for encouragement for that particular day. Encouragement is something we all need whether it is just a smile from someone you do not know, a text or a phone call from someone else it is good to have encouragement. Sometimes life gets in the way and it is hard to make a call or write an email but really if we all took out 5 minutes of our day to call someone to talk to them or encourage them what kind of world would we live in? It is amazing what a phone call can do in the life of someone else. I know there have been days, Weeks even when I have needed encouragement and out of the blue a friend or family member calls and all of the sudden I feel 100 times better just to know they were thinking about me.

Patience is something I am working on. I have a tendency to be impatient especially with my daughter. I am learning that patience is key in raising a Pre-schooler. It makes me sad to think she is almost 4! I consistently have to tell myself and her that patience is a virtue. It is something I know I have to work on. I wish from time to time that I had the patience of a saint but I don't. The way the devotional explained it today is that we don't always have patience with the little things but can you imagine how much patience God has waiting on his children to come to him. Day after day, year after year? Could you imagine waiting years for someone to apologize for a wrongdoing? Would you forgive them immediately after years? I know it would be hard for me.

School school school.....I have already started looking into 3 separate online schools we can choose from for kindergarten that are regulated by the state. I won't have to make lesson plans or worry about state standards because they will already be there for me. I will have more time with Grace and I will socialize her elsewhere and that will give us more opportunities to do other things with her and give her more opportunities to do ballet and other things.But it is another year away before we need to make a decision. I am already looking at curriculum though....the mind of a teacher and a mommy I guess.

She is growing up way to fast for mommy. I remember when she was born it seems like just yesterday. I also remember her first day of school back in august and her first day of ballet as well. Tomorrow is her first ballet recital, today her last day of K3. Wow how time flies when your a mommy. It is bittersweet. I am excited she is growing and becoming a new person everyday. I love all of the stages but it is crazy when you are kid you think the days go by so slow, then you grow up and have your own children, house, and marriage and realize how fast the days, months, and years go back and you wish sometimes for time to just slow down so you can savor every second of it. It is amazing to me how crazy my world is right now but to be honest I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment